If you’re coming to the Netherlands on a temporary residence permit visa, you will not yet be able to take out Dutch national health insurance. The solution is our temporary residence permit insurance. This will provide you with the insurance cover you need for healthcare costs.
Why do you need temporary residence permit insurance?
When you first come to the Netherlands, you have to initially wait for a residence permit. In this situation, you usually need a temporary residence permit visa, which allows you to enter the country.
If you apply for a temporary residence permit visa, you must prove that you are insured in the Netherlands. But, if you are waiting for a residence permit, you are not yet eligible for Dutch national health insurance. Our temporary residence permit insurance meets the requirements of the temporary residence permit visa, which means you can enter the Netherlands without any problems.
Advantages of temporary residence permit insurance
If you take out temporary residence permit insurance with us, you will be using the OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance. The benefits include:
- The insurance meets the requirements of the temporary residence permit (temporary residence permit visa)
In Dutch this is called the Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf or MVV-visum
- You have extended healthcare cover for a General Practitioner, specialist care and hospitalisation
- You can take out optional additional dentist and liability cover
- Flexible duration from 1 day to 1 year
- Premium from €80 per month
Extra cover with the temporary residence permit insurance
If you want to make your insurance more comprehensive, you can expand it with extra dentist and liability cover.
Our health insurance covers dental costs following an accident for up to €350. If you choose extra cover, you will also be covered for medically necessary dental costs that are not the result of an accident for up to €350.
If you cause damage to someone else (or their belongings during your stay in the Netherlands, that person can hold you liable and you will have to pay for the damage. With liability cover, you are insured for these costs up to €1,250,000.
>Put together your own insurance
Good to know about the temporary residence permit insurance
Keep the following in mind when applying for temporary residence permit Insurance:
- For healthcare insurance you have an own risk excess of €200
- In some situations, there is also a maximum amount, or a maximum number of treatments covered (see cover overview).
- The insurance applicant must have Dutch nationality, but the insured person may have a foreign nationality
- The insurance has a maximum term of 12 months
- The insurance is for people 69 years of age or younger. If you are 70 years or older, you should choose the OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance.
We are closed