OOM Studying Abroad Insurance
OOM Studying Abroad Insurance
As a student, you want only one thing: to study abroad. Now that dream is going to come true. You want to make it an unforgettable time, but to make that happen, you need peace of mind. The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance means you will have the same cover as in the Netherlands. This leaves you to focus on your studies without any additional risk.
These are the most important features of the OOM Studying Abroad Insurance:
- Insurance for study, an internship or working as an au pair abroad
- For people between 15 and 29 years of age
- Choose your own insurance cover: healthcare, dentist and/or our Insurance Package
- Flexible duration, from 1 day to 5 years
- You are also insured for temporary visits to the Netherlands during your stay abroad
OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is for young people who want to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad. Healthcare insurance is useful if you:
- aren’t covered by Dutch national health insurance during your time abroad
- visit a country where medical care is more expensive than in the Netherlands and therefore need higher coverage than basic Dutch national health insurance
If you have compulsory basic Dutch national health insurance, then we recommend you take out our insurance package. It includes cover if you need to return home, for instance if a family member is seriously ill.
OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is for young people aged between 15 and 29 years. If you don’t fall into this age category, go to OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance.
View the insurance card.
With OOM Studying Abroad Insurance you can choose what you insure. SOS insurance is always included. This includes coverage for the costs of repatriation (return to your country of origin) or evacuation if treatment is not possible locally and cannot be postponed.
You can also take out the following types of insurance:
You can take out insurance for a period from 1 day up to a maximum of 5 years, providing you are no older than 29 years on the start date.
If your stay abroad is longer than you expected, you may extend the insurance once by a maximum of 2 months, providing you are not insured for more than 5 years. If you do not know how long you will need insurance, it is better to choose a longer period rather than one that may be too short.
What happens if you do not need the insurance anymore?
If you are returning to the Netherlands, you can cancel the insurance on a daily basis. You can do this via My OOM or by email. We will terminate your insurance immediately when we receive your request, or at a later time indicated by you.
If you have already paid your premium in advance, then we will refund it to you.
Are you about to leave? Or do you want to arrange your insurance well in advance? You can do either! Easily calculate your premium online. As soon as everything is correct, you can take out your insurance.
Good to know
- Are you ready to go? Our insurance will mean you can leave with confidence! You can calculate your premium easily online. We’ll process your application as soon as possible.
- Did you know that we might ask you additional medical questions? This is why we recommend you apply for your insurance in plenty of time.
If you have any further questions about your insurance abroad, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We are open