Insurance for voluntary work abroad

Insurance for voluntary work abroad

Are you going to do voluntary work abroad? That’s great! You will of course want to be properly insured for healthcare costs. Put together your ideal insurance now.

Voluntary work abroad - Be prepared

By volunteering abroad, you are doing your part to make the world a better place. You also get to know new people and cultures. What an adventure! Chances are you’re not really thinking about the things that could go wrong. If your luggage gets stolen, if you cause any damage, or you fall ill, OOM Temporary residence abroad insurance means you are prepared for all of these things. You won't have to worry, and so you can focus 100% on your unforgettable experience working as a volunteer abroad.

Insurance for voluntary work abroad

Wherever you go and whatever voluntary work you do, this is what you can expect from us:

  • Worldwide cover
  • For up to 2 years
  • Can be cancelled daily
  • Choice of cover for healthcare costs, dentist, SOS, travel, cancellation, household contents, liability, legal assistance and accidents
  • Discount if you keep your Dutch national health insurance

>Put together your own insurance

Dutch national health insurance and voluntary work abroad

You may not be covered by Dutch national health insurance during your voluntary work abroad. In this case, we will provide you with proper cover for healthcare costs. But even if you can keep your Dutch national health insurance, our insurance is still a good idea. OOM insurance is an important addition if you are going to do voluntary work in a country where medical care is expensive. This is because Dutch national health insurance will never reimburse more than the amount you would receive in the Netherlands.

Voluntary work insurance abroad cover

There are countless forms of voluntary work abroad. That's why you only insure what suits you. You can choose from the following types of cover:

  1. Healthcare costs
    Choice between Light, Regular or Comfort cover.
  2. Dentist
    Choice of cover of €350, €700 or €1,050.
  3. SOS
    For if you need to be evacuated to the Netherlands because local treatment is not possible and cannot be postponed: this is covered free of charge with this healthcare insurance.
  4. Travel
    If you want to explore the country in addition to your work as a volunteer, or if you won't be working in one place.
  5. Cancellation
    For when you need to change your trip to a later date, or if your adventure is disrupted unexpectedly.
  6. Household contents
    For damage to your belongings due to storm, fire or burglary at the place where you are staying.
  7. Liability
    For damage you cause to others, both during and after working hours.
  8. Legal assistance
    For help with a legal dispute, such as the costs of hiring a lawyer.
  9. Accidents
    For a one-off amount in the event of disability or death.

If you already know what you need, put together your volunteer’s insurance abroad, or read more about all the reimbursements.

> Put together your own insurance > More information

For voluntary work abroad for up to 2 years

The OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance has a flexible duration of 1 day to a maximum of 2 years. You can terminate the insurance at any time.

If you already know that you will be doing voluntary work abroad for more than 2 years, OOM Living Abroad Insurance would suit you better.