OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance
OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance
Perhaps you are passing through the Netherlands or have come to visit friends and family. In any case, you are going to stay here for a while, and during that time you want to be properly insured. We are happy to help.
OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance provides cover for unexpected medical expenses. If you are feeling a little unwell and need to go to the doctor, or need a plaster cast after an accident, you will not face any financial risks because your insurance will cover your costs. This insurance also meets the Schengen visa requirements. All giving you peace of mind.
Even if you are coming to the Netherlands for a short time, you want to feel at ease. The OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance is perfect for this.
- Limited healthcare insurance with no medical acceptance
- Health insurance premium from € 1.60 per day
- Cover up to € 500,000
- Meets the Schengen visa requirements
- You can also insure for liability in the Netherlands
OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance provides cover for unexpected medical expenses and meets the Schengen visa requirements.
If you already have health insurance in your home country which also applies to the Netherlands, you may not need the OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance. Bear in mind, however, that medical care in the Netherlands may be more expensive than in your home country. If your current insurance isn’t enough, it can sometimes lead to unpleasant situations. Check with your own health insurance company in advance.
View the insurance card (Dutch).
You can take out OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance for a maximum of 6 months. If you are aged 80 or above, then your insurance will be valid for a maximum of 3 months.
If your insurance has expired, you cannot extend it: you must take out new cover. Again, we will not reimburse any costs incurred for existing ailments or complaints. You may therefore discover that complaints or ailments in your new insurance are not covered that had been covered in your old insurance term.
If you don’t know how long you will need insurance, it is better to choose a longer period rather than one that may be too short.
Do you want to terminate your insurance early?
You can terminate the OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance earlier in the following situations:
- Your visa application or residence permit has been denied. We will terminate the insurance from the start date and you will be refunded all premiums.
- You receive basic Dutch national health insurance. We will terminate from the start date of your Dutch national health insurance and you will be refunded the premium after that date.
- You are leaving the Schengen area. We will ask you for a copy of the plane ticket. The flight date is the end date of the insurance and you will be refunded the premium after that date.
- Death. We will terminate the insurance from the day after the death of the insured person. We will reimburse any premium paid in advance.
Take out your insurance today and look forward to your visit to the Netherlands without a care. Easily calculate your premium online. Once everything is correct, you can take out your insurance straight away.
Good to know
Medical acceptance is not necessary for the healthcare insurance. We only ask in advance if you are expecting to be hospitalised.
If you need more information about the Schengen Visitor Insurance, please feel free to contact us. Our team is at your service!
We are closed