Reimbursement of necessary medical costs including:
- general practitioner;
- medication and dressings;
- specialist care;
- ambulance transport and hospitalisation;
- aids following an accident;
- dental costs following an accident, up to €225.
Reimbursement of all costs under the Light cover plus:
- second opinion;
- physiotherapy, manual therapy, remedial therapy and chiropractic treatment (maximum number of treatments);
- speech therapy (a maximum of number treatments);
- psychotherapy (a maximum of number treatments);
- costs of your own medical transport;
- dental costs following an accident, up to €350.
Reimbursement of all costs in the Regular cover plus:
- preventative medicine;
- alternative health care;
- glasses and contact lenses;
- orthodontics (up to age 21);
- artificial aids and accessories;
- pregnancy, delivery en maternity care (after nine months);
- fertility treatment (after twelve months);
- dental costs following an accident, up to €475.
The health insurance also covers medical expenses due to war and kindred risks.
For the health insurance you can choose an excess of €250/€500/€1,000. The higher your excess, the lower your premium. Sometimes there is a maximum amount or a maximum number of treatments covered.
If you are staying in the United States, you will have standard worldwide cover for healthcare costs, i.e. including in the US. If you are staying in another country, you will have worldwide cover for healthcare costs, but not in the US. By paying an extra premium, you can extend your cover to include the US. This is also possible for a shorter period, for example if you go to the US in between times. You can change this via My OOM, or by contacting us directly.
SOS insurance is always included in our health insurance. This covers reimbursing the costs of repatriation (return to the Netherlands) or evacuation, if treatment is not possible locally and cannot be postponed.