Specialist treatments

The OOM Living Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for a longer or permanent stay abroad.

You will receive a reimbursement for specialist treatment if:

  • the treatment is carried out by a specialist doctor
  • the doctor is entered in a special register for this speciality

You will also receive reimbursement for additional medical expenses, such as X-rays, blood transfusion, outpatients' department, anaesthesia and radiation treatment.

With the OOM Living Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €250, €500 or €1,000. If you have opted for an excess and you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you then pay the first part of these costs yourself.

You experience a lot of stomach pain and have trouble with your bowel movements. The General Practitioner refers you to a medical specialist. They look at you and have an MRI scan done of your abdomen. The costs of the specialist and scan are €475. If you have an excess of €250, you will receive a reimbursement of €225.

You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.

Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.