Mutual trust is important. You trust us to process your claim properly and we trust you to supply us with correct information. We deal with fraud severely. This way we are able to keep the premiums affordable for everyone.
What is fraud?
Fraud is when deliberate deception is used to attain (or attempt to attain) an achievement, payment or insurance cover for which there is no right. The interests of OOM Verzekeringen can be damaged by fraud. Examples of insurance fraud are:
- Dishonest answers when applying for insurance
- Altering amounts on invoices
- Exaggerating or claiming double losses
- Resubmitting a dismissed claim with a different explanation
We fight fraud
We have an active policy in place for signalling, avoiding and fighting fraud. This is how we prevent you and other clients from becoming victims of dishonest behaviour.
If we think that something is not right, we investigate it. If we establish that it is indeed fraud, we may decide to:
- Not refund all or part of the claim, or to reclaim costs which have already been refunded
- Alter the insurance contract
- Not accept insurance, or to cancel current insurance
- Take civil measures such as liability
- Reclaim investigation costs
- Issue a warning (including stricter checks)
- File a complaint, such as the police
- Register the incident in internal or external fraud records
We only take measures in accordance with the Insurance and Criminality Protocol (only dutch, pdf). The person involved will be notified of our position and which measures we will be taking. In which case the person involved may request access to the files or oppose the decision by sending an email with ‘Special Cases’ in the subject line.
Exchange of information
To counteract fraud, we can record and obtain information from the Dutch Central Information System (CIS). The CIS Foundation administers details for insurance companies working in the Netherlands. We only consult and record details if there is a reason to do so. We respect legislation and regulations.
Want to know more?
It is important for our mutual trust that you and OOM Verzekeringen communicate properly, clearly and on time. If you feel we have created expectations we are not honouring, please send an email with ‘Special Cases’ in the subject line. You can also contact us if you have suggestions for improving our fraud policy or if you would like further information on how we deal with fraud.