Reporting damages: travel insurance
Lost, stolen or damaged luggage
In case your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged the following applies:
- Report the incident to the local police as soon as possible. If you are not able to do this, report the damage to another authorised person such as the tour guide or hotel director. If your luggage is lost or damaged during transport, report it to the carrier. Always ask for written proof of your declaration or report.
- Let us know as soon as possible. You can do this by telephone (+31 (0)70 353 21 25) or by email. We can help you more quickly if you tell us your policy number.
- Declare the costs online via My OOM or fill in the Travel insurance claim form (pdf) and send it to us together with the police report, proof of declaration, invoices and other supporting documentation. This enables us to process your claim faster. You can use this form until March 1, 2021. After that, you can only submit claims via My OOM.
Return in case of illness, death or damage at home
In case you need to return home because a close family member or housemate becomes seriously ill or dies; or due to damage to your house, household contents or business, the following applies:
- Let us know as soon as possible. In this case call the OOM Emergency Centre on +31 (0)70 353 21 35. We can help you more quickly if you tell us your policy number.
- If the costs are covered, the emergency centre will organise the journey back and its payment.
- If you have already paid for the return journey and the costs are covered, you can declare the costs online via My OOM or with the Travel insurance claim form (pdf). You can use this form until March 1, 2021. After that, you can only submit claims via My OOM.
Please take note of the following
- Have your policy number to hand if you call the emergency centre; your policy number can be found in My OOM or on your insurance card.
- If the costs are covered, we will reimburse the amount remaining after deducting your excess
- Has something not gone as you would have liked? Do you have a complaint? Please take a look at our complaints procedures.