You are going to do voluntary work

Calculate premium 

Be properly insured abroad

You are going to do voluntary work abroad to do your bit to make the world a better place. Of course you want to be properly insured for healthcare costs while you are volunteering abroad. OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance is the perfect choice.


Put your health insurance together yourself

If you want to decide for yourself how extended your health insurance is, why not choose the OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance? The advantages:

  • You can choose between Light, Regular or Comfort cover
  • SOS insurance is included as standard
  • You can add dental costs to your insurance
  • You will have worldwide insurance including a stay in the Netherlands between times
  • Attractive discount if you have to retain your mandatory Dutch national health Insurance 


Voluntary work and the Dutch national health insurance

If you are going abroad to do voluntary work, your personal situation will determine whether or not you will have to retain your Dutch national health insurance.

If you are not covered by the Dutch national health insurance when you are volunteering abroad, the OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance will give you proper healthcare costs cover. The insurance can also be a supplement if you are going to a country where medical care is expensive; you will never receive higher reimbursement than what you would get from the Dutch national health Insurance.


SOS Insurance

SOS insurance is included. It includes covering the costs of repatriation to the Netherlands or evacuation if treatment is not possible locally and cannot be postponed. This is particularly important if you are doing voluntary work in countries where medical care is poor. SOS insurance can also be taken out separately.


Other insurance

As well as the medical travel insurance, you may also take out insurance for travel, cancellation, household contents, liability, legal assistance and accidents.


For voluntary work abroad for up to 2 years

The OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance has a flexible duration from 1 day to a maximum of 2 years. You can terminate the insurance at any time.

If you already know you will be staying abroad for more than 2 years, OOM Living Abroad Insurance would suit you better.