Going on holiday abroad can be quite daunting during the corona pandemic. But with OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance, you can be sure you’ll be properly insured. Even if your holiday destination goes into code red or orange and you get infected with corona.
Be properly insured when travelling during corona
Most travel insurance policies do not cover a country with code orange or red. The good news is, ours does! OOM travel insurance is also valid in code orange or red countries.
Important: our travel insurance does not provide medical cover. You can insure medical expenses due to corona with our international healthcare insurance: OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance.
Health insurance abroad and Covid-19
OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance is the best supplement to your Dutch national health insurance when traveling abroad during corona. Even in code red or orange regions.
How? If you require emergency healthcare in your holiday destination, your Dutch national health insurance will pay for any medical expenses up to a maximum of the Dutch rate. If you are in an expensive country, you have to pay the difference yourself.
If you have one-off or continuous travel insurance with OOM, this will still be valid. However, medical expenses are not covered by your travel insurance. You need our healthcare insurance for this. This covers medical expenses incurred as a result of corona. This way you have everything covered!
Taking out insurance cover
To find out the premium for OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance, please complete the application form and select travel insurance and the cheapest healthcare insurance. That's enough to cover corona costs during your holiday. You also need to fill in the form with the questions about your health. You can calculate your premium online straight away.
If you would like to receive your insurance policy by email as soon as possible, please agree to the question about the exclusion of existing ailments and complaints.
Click here to read more about the OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance.
- The cheapest healthcare cover is enough to cover you for corona costs during your holiday.
- You will automatically receive an English insurance statement with your healthcare insurance.
- If you are travelling to Costa Rica or Thailand, you will need an amended statement. You can request this by phone, after you have received the policy by email. Please do not select this in the final question of your application, as this will delay your application.
- Quarantine and isolation costs are not medical expenses. These are not covered by this insurance.
Important to know
- Please read our current corona information here.
- OOM travel insurance does not offer medical cover, but our healthcare insurance does.
- To receive a policy as soon as possible by email, you need to agree to the question about the exclusion of existing ailments and complaints.
- A preventive Covid-19 test before you travel is not covered by your insurance.
We are open