The OOM Studying in the Netherlands Insurance is a medical insurance for foreign young people who come to the Netherlands as a student, intern or au pair.
What does the insurance reimburse?
You will receive reimbursement for the following special costs:
- costs for the necessary changing of a booking for a plane ticket up to €1,200 if you have to remain in your country of origin due to illness or accident
- costs of changing a booking for plane tickets for co-insured direct family members up to €1,200 per person if the illness or accident are life-threatening
- for mortal danger or death of the insured person:
- the travel and accommodation costs (plane tickets and hotel overnight stays) up to €2,000 for 1 person who comes over from the country of origin or
- the travel and accommodation costs (plane tickets and hotel overnight stays) up to €2,000 for 1 co-insured person who travels back with the insured person to the country of origin
- telephone costs if there is repatriation cover (return to the country of origin) or evacuation up to €150
You visit your country of origin for 3 weeks. Just before flying back to the Netherlands you are involved in an accident. You have to stay in hospital for a week and rehabilitate for 2 weeks. You are allowed to fly 3 weeks later. The costs for extending your ticket are €795. You will receive reimbursement for these costs.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
We are closed