The OOM Studying in the Netherlands Insurance is a medical insurance for foreign young people who come to the Netherlands as a student, intern or au pair.
What does the insurance reimburse?
You will receive reimbursement for the following special costs:
- costs for the necessary changing of a booking for a plane ticket up to €1,200 if you have to remain in your country of origin due to illness or accident
- costs of changing a booking for plane tickets for co-insured direct family members up to €1,200 per person if the illness or accident are life-threatening
- for mortal danger or death of the insured person:
- the travel and accommodation costs (plane tickets and hotel overnight stays) up to €2,000 for 1 person who comes over from the country of origin or
- the travel and accommodation costs (plane tickets and hotel overnight stays) up to €2,000 for 1 co-insured person who travels back with the insured person to the country of origin
- telephone costs if there is repatriation cover (return to the country of origin) or evacuation up to €150
You visit your country of origin for 3 weeks. Just before flying back to the Netherlands you are involved in an accident. You have to stay in hospital for a week and rehabilitate for 2 weeks. You are allowed to fly 3 weeks later. The costs for extending your ticket are €795. You will receive reimbursement for these costs.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are open