Pregnancy and delivery
The OOM Studying in the Netherlands Insurance is a medical insurance for foreign young people who come to the Netherlands as a student, intern or au pair.
What does the insurance reimburse?
Whether you get reimbursement for the costs of a pregnancy and delivery depends on the cover you have chosen:
- standard cover: full reimbursement will be given for unexpected emergencies, conventional treatments will be reimbursed up to a maximum of €4,000.
- extended cover: full reimbursement will be given for unexpected emergencies and conventional treatments.
Unexpected emergencies are situations in which critical medical intervention is necessary according to our medical advisor.
We will reimburse:
- obstetric care by a midwife, General Practitioner or specialist
- medication and/or tests on prescription by a midwife, General Practitioner or specialist
- outpatients' department
- admission to hospital or maternity centre
We will not reimburse the costs of a pregnancy which had already begun before the commencement date of the insurance.
During your internship in the Netherlands you become pregnant. You visit the midwife a number of times and you give birth in hospital. The total costs are €1,850. You will receive reimbursement for all the costs.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
The servicedesk is