The OOM Studying in the Netherlands Insurance is a medical insurance for foreign young people who come to the Netherlands as a student, intern or au pair.
What does the insurance reimburse?
Whether you get reimbursement for dental costs depends on your age and the cover you have chosen:
- If you are age 17 or younger, you will receive a maximum reimbursement of €450.
- If you are age 18 or older, and you don’t have supplementary OOM Dental Cover, you will receive a maximum reimbursement of €350 in the following special cases:
- You have a serious tooth-jaw-mouth system disorder which will reduce the jaw’s performance if left untreated
- You have an extreme fear of dentists (according to Centre for Special Dental Medicine guidelines)
- If you are age 18 or older and have supplementary OOM Dental cover, you will receive a maximum reimbursement of €350.
The maximum reimbursements apply per year insured (or period insured if you are insured for less than a year).
Other rules apply if the treatment is the result of an accident.
Are there costs for you?
With the OOM Studying in the Netherlands Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €150. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance and you have opted for an excess of €150, you then pay for the first part of the costs yourself.
No excess applies to supplementary OOM Dental Cover.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.