Search and rescue
The OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance is a medical insurance if you are staying in the Netherlands temporarily. The insurance reimburses unexpected medical expenses.
What does the insurance reimburse?
You will receive a maximum reimbursement of €25,000 for search, rescue and recovery if:
- this happens by order of an official institution (e.g. the police)
- you have a statement from this official institution
Are there costs for you?
An excess applies to OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you pay the first part of these costs yourself. Per period insured your excess is:
- €75 if you are younger than 70 years
- €150 if you are aged between 70 and 79 years
- €300 if you are aged 80 and above
You are 55 years old and you go sailing on the North Sea. Your motor breaks down and you are left drifting helplessly. The police instigate a search and order a helicopter and lifeboat to look for you. The total costs are €6,500. You have an excess of €75. So you get a reimbursement of €6,425.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
The servicedesk is