Medication and dressings
The OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance is a medical insurance if you are staying in the Netherlands temporarily. The insurance reimburses unexpected medical expenses.
What does the insurance reimburse?
You will get the costs of medication reimbursed if:
- the medicine may be sold as medication
- the medication is prescribed by a General Practitioner or specialist
- the medication was collected at a pharmacy or a dispensing physician
If you have the medication prescribed for an existing ailment or complaint you already had on taking out insurance, we will not reimburse these costs. This also applies if you did not know you had the ailment or complaint at the time you took out the insurance.
Are there costs for you?
An excess applies to OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you pay the first part of these costs yourself. Per period insured your excess is:
- €75 if you are younger than 70 years
- €150 if you are aged between 70 and 79 years
- €300 if you are aged 80 and above
You are 56 years old. You fall during a cycling trip and break your wrist. You are treated in hospital. The doctor prescribes painkillers. The costs are €105. You have an excess of €75. You receive a reimbursement of €30.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are closed