The OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance is a medical insurance if you are staying in the Netherlands temporarily. The insurance reimburses unexpected medical expenses.
What does the insurance reimburse?
For the rental or purchase of assistive aids, you will receive the following reimbursement:
- crutches up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- wheelchair up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- prosthetics (except dentures) up to a maximum of €750 per accident
You will be eligible for a reimbursement if:
- the purchase of the assistive aids is the result of an accident and the assistive aids are prescribed by a doctor
- you have rented or bought the assistive aids within 90 after the accident and within the duration of your insurance
If you rent or buy assistive aids for an existing ailment or complaint you already had on taking out insurance, we will not reimburse these costs. This also applies if you did not know you had the ailment or complaint at the time you took out the insurance.
Are there costs for you?
An excess applies to OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you pay the first part of these costs yourself. Per period insured your excess is:
- €75 if you are younger than 70 years
- €150 if you are aged between 70 and 79 years
- €300 if you are aged 80 and above
You are 35 years old, you fall awkwardly and break your hip. After the operation, you rent a wheelchair prescribed by a doctor. This costs €225. You have no more excess. You will receive the maximum refund of €100.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are closed