The OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance is a medical insurance if you are staying in the Netherlands for a longer period of time but are not (yet) eligible for Dutch national health insurance.
What does the insurance reimburse?
For the rental or purchase of assistive aids, you will receive the following reimbursement:
- crutches up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- wheelchair up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- prosthetics (except dentures) and/or orthoses up to a maximum of €750 per accident
You will be eligible for a reimbursement if:
- the purchase of the assistive aids is the result of an accident and the assistive aids are prescribed by a doctor
- you have rented or bought the assistive aids within 90 days after the accident and within the duration of your insurance
Are there costs for you?
An excess applies to OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you pay the first part of these costs yourself. Per period insured your excess is €200.
You fall awkwardly and break your hip. After the operation, you rent a wheelchair prescribed by a doctor. This costs €225. You have no more excess. You will receive the maximum refund of €100.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.