Medical aids following an accident
The OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for if you stay abroad for a longer period of time (up to a maximum of 2 years).
What does the insurance reimburse?
For the rental or purchase of medical aids following an accident, you will receive the following reimbursement:
- crutches up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- wheelchair up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- prosthetics (except dentures) up to a maximum of €750 per accident
You will be eligible for a reimbursement if:
- the purchase of the medical aids is the result of an accident and the medical aids are prescribed by a doctor
- you have rented or bought the medical aids within 90 days after the accident and within the duration of your insurance
Other rules apply if the rental or purchase of medical aids is not the result of an accident.
Are there costs for you?
With the OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €250, €500 or €1,000. If you have opted for an excess and you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you then pay the first part of these costs yourself.
You fall awkwardly and break your hip. After the operation, you rent a wheelchair prescribed by a doctor for 60 days. The rental costs are €400. You will receive a reimbursement of €100.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are closed