Children’s vaccinations

The OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for if you stay abroad for a longer period of time (up to a maximum of 2 years).

Whether you get reimbursement for children’s vaccinations depends on the cover you have chosen:

  • Light and Regular cover: no reimbursement
  • Comfort cover: you will receive reimbursement for children’s vaccinations which are included in the Vaccination Programme of the National Institute of Public Health and Environmental Protection (RIVM) or in the official vaccination programme of the country you are staying in.

With the OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €250, €500 or €1,000. If you have opted for an excess and you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you then pay the first part of these costs yourself.

You are staying abroad with your child and want them to be vaccinated against hepatitis. The costs are €40. This vaccination is included in the RIVM vaccination programme. If you your child has Comfort cover and no excess, you will receive a reimbursement of the total costs.

You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.

Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.