The OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for if you stay abroad for a longer period of time (up to a maximum of 2 years).
What does the insurance reimburse?
Whether you get reimbursement for accommodation costs depends on the cover you have chosen:
- Light cover: no reimbursement
- Regular and Comfort cover: a maximum of € 100,- per day and € 2,000,- per incident.
You will receive reimbursement if:
- you get medical treatment outside your place of residence
- it is medically necessary that you stay near the hospital
- you stay in a hotel, motel or apartment alone or with your partner
- you can prove your accommodation costs with invoices from the hotel, motel or apartment
The costs will be reimbursed according to lodging prices (overnight stays). Accommodation with family or friends will not be reimbursed.
Are there costs for you?
With the OOM Temporary Residence Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €250, €500 or €1,000. If you have opted for an excess and you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you then pay the first part of these costs yourself.
You have to go for an operation to a hospital which is 150 kilometres from your place of residence. After the operation you have to go to the same hospital every day for a week for treatment. You book a hotel and stay 7 nights. The total costs are €665. If you have Regular cover and an excess of €250, you will receive a reimbursement of €415.
Hoe kunt u kosten declareren?
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are open