The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for young people wanting to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse?
You will receive reimbursement for the following special costs:
- costs for the necessary changing of a booking for a plane ticket up to €1,200 if you have to remain in the Netherlands due to illness or accident
- costs of changing a booking for plane tickets for co-insured direct family members up to €1,200 per person if the illness or accident are life-threatening
- for mortal danger or death of the insured person:
- the travel and accommodation costs (plane tickets and hotel overnight stays) up to €2,000 for 1 person who comes over from the country of origin or
- the travel and accommodation costs (plane tickets and hotel overnight stays) up to €2,000 for 1 co-insured person who travels back to the Netherlands with the insured person
- telephone costs if there is repatriation cover (return to the Netherlands) or evacuation up to €150
You are studying in Surinam and return to the Netherlands for 3 weeks. Just before flying back to Surinam you are involved in an accident. You have to stay in hospital for a week and rehabilitate for 2 weeks. You are allowed to fly 3 weeks later. The costs for extending your ticket are €795. You will receive reimbursement for these costs.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
The servicedesk is