Pregnancy and delivery
The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for young people wanting to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse?
Whether you get reimbursement for pregnancy and delivery depends on the cover you have chosen:
- standard cover: full reimbursement will be given for unexpected emergencies, conventional treatments will be reimbursed up to a maximum of €4,000.
- extended cover: full reimbursement will be given for unexpected emergencies and conventional treatments.
Unexpected emergencies are situations in which critical medical intervention is necessary according to our medical advisor.
We will reimburse:
- obstetric care by a midwife, General Practitioner or specialist
- medication and/or tests on prescription by a midwife, General Practitioner or specialist
- outpatients' department
- admission to hospital or maternity centre
We will not reimburse the costs of a pregnancy which had already begun before the commencement date of the insurance.
During your internship abroad you become pregnant. You visit the midwife a number of times and you give birth in hospital. The total costs are €1,850. You will receive reimbursement for all the costs.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.