The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for young people wanting to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse?
You will receive reimbursement for maternity care if the maternity nurse or pregnancy/delivery coach (doula):
- has all the required diplomas
- works according to the relevant rules
- is independent
- is employed by or associated with a hospital, maternity centre or maternity hotel
We will reimburse:
- maternity care in a hospital or maternity centre if you have to stay in hospital as a medical necessity
- home maternity care up to a maximum of €1,500 divided over a maximum of 10 days. For a hospital delivery, the maximum amount is reduced by €150 for each day spent in hospital.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.