Dental costs following an accident

The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for young people wanting to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad.

You will receive reimbursement for dental treatment following an accident if:

  • the treatment is for the repair and/or improvement of the teeth
  • an authorised dentist or dental surgeon carries out the treatment

You will receive a maximum reimbursement of €500 per year insured (or period insured if you are insured for less than a year).

With the OOM Studying Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €150. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance and you have opted for an excess of €150, you then pay for the first part of the costs yourself.

You trip and fall on your face. A piece of your tooth breaks off. The dentist suggests putting a crown on the broken tooth. This costs €495. If you have an excess of €150, you will receive a reimbursement of €345.

You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.

Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.