The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for young people wanting to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad.

You will receive reimbursement for contraception if a doctor prescribes it. Whether you get reimbursement for contraception depends on the cover you have chosen:

  • standard cover: a maximum of €125 per year insured (or period insured if you are insured for less than a year)
  • extended cover: all costs will be reimbursed

With the OOM Studying Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €150. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance and you have opted for an excess of €150, you then pay for the first part of the costs yourself.

You go to a General Practitioner in the country where you are staying for contraception. They prescribe the Pill. This costs €300 per year. If you have an excess of €150, you will receive a reimbursement of €150 if you have extended cover.

You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.