The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for young people wanting to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse?
For the rental or purchase of assistive aids, you will receive the following reimbursement:
- crutches up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- wheelchair up to a maximum of €100 per accident
- prosthetics up to a maximum of €750 per accident
You will be eligible for a reimbursement if:
- the purchase of the assistive aids is the result of an accident and the assistive aids are prescribed by a doctor
- you have rented or bought the assistive aids within 90 days after the accident and within the duration of your insurance
Are there costs for you?
With the OOM Studying Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €150. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance and you have opted for an excess of €150, you then pay for the first part of the costs yourself.
You fall awkwardly and break your hip. After the operation, you rent a wheelchair prescribed by a doctor for 60 days. The rental costs are €300. If you have no excess, you will receive a reimbursement of €100.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.