The OOM Studying Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for young people wanting to study, do an internship or work as an au pair abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse?
Whether you get reimbursement for accommodation costs for a medical treatment depends on the cover you have chosen:
- standard cover: no reimbursement
- extended cover: a maximum of €100 per day and €2,000 per incident
We will reimburse the costs of accommodation if:
- you get medical treatment outside your place of residence
- it is medically necessary that you stay near the hospital
- you stay in a hotel, motel or apartment alone or with your partner
- you can prove your accommodation costs with invoices from the hotel, motel or apartment
The costs will be reimbursed according to lodging prices (overnight stays). Accommodation with family or friends will not be reimbursed.
Are there costs for you?
With the OOM Studying Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €150. If you incur costs which are covered by the insurance and you have opted for an excess of €150, you then pay for the first part of the costs yourself.
You have to go for an operation to a hospital which is 150 kilometres from your place of residence. After the operation you have to go to the same hospital every day for a week for treatment. You book a hotel and stay 7 nights. The total costs are €665. If you have an excess of €150, you will receive a reimbursement of €515.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.