The OOM Living Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for a longer or permanent stay abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse
You will receive reimbursement for repatriation (return to the Netherlands) if:
- medical treatment in the country where you are staying is impossible
- the treatment cannot be postponed
- you have received prior permission from our emergency centre
You will receive reimbursement of costs for:
- the land or air journey and accommodation
- the land or air journey and accommodation of an accompanying person, if supervision is medically necessary according to our medical advisor or if you are younger than 16 years
- the land or air journey and accommodation of children younger than 24 months (who are insured with us) if the mother needs repatriation
The reimbursement for overnight stays has a maximum of €100 per day and €2,000 per incident. Travel costs of scheduled flights or charters will be reimbursed according to tourist class prices. You will receive a reimbursement for an air ambulance flight if this kind of transport is deemed a medical necessity by our emergency centre.
During your stay in Surinam you are involved in a car accident. You have to be operated on immediately, but this is not possible locally. You receive permission from our emergency centre to be transported by aeroplane to the Netherlands to be operated on here. You will receive a reimbursement of the total costs of €1,950.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are open