The OOM Living Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for a longer or permanent stay abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse?
Whether you get reimbursement for maternity care depends on the cover you have chosen:
- Regular cover: no reimbursement
- If you have Comfort/Deluxe cover and the insurance was taken less more than 9 months ago, we will reimburse a maximum of €2,500/€6,000 for pregnancy, delivery and maternity care combined.
- If you have Comfort/DeLuxe cover and the insurance was taken out more than 9 months ago, we will reimburse:
- maternity care in a hospital or maternity centre if you have to stay in hospital as a medical necessity
- home maternity care up to a maximum of €1,500/€2,250 divided over a maximum of 10 days. For a hospital delivery, the maximum amount is reduced by €150/€225 for each day spent in hospital.
Are there costs for you?
With the OOM Living Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €250, €500 or €1,000. If you have opted for an excess and you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you then pay the first part of these costs yourself.
During your stay abroad you become pregnant after 10 months. After giving birth, you organise 6 days of maternity care. The costs are €1,495. If you have Comfort cover and an excess of €500, you will receive a reimbursement of €995.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are closed