Fertility treatment and preliminary testing or testing
The OOM Living Abroad Insurance is a medical insurance for a longer or permanent stay abroad.
What does the insurance reimburse?
Whether you get reimbursement for fertility treatment and preliminary testing or testing depends on the cover you have chosen:
- Regular cover: no reimbursement
- Comfort and DeLuxe cover:
- You will receive reimbursement for ovulation indication (OI) and artificial insemination with sperm from your partner or donor (AIH/AID):
- You will receive reimbursement for 3 treatments including medication for IVF or ICSI up to €3,000 per treatment.
You will receive reimbursement for the treatments if:
- the woman having preliminary testing or testing is younger than 43 years old
- you have had Comfort or DeLuxe cover for a minimum of 12 months
- there is primary childlessness (you cannot conceive children yourself)
- you have received prior permission from our medical advisor
- the treatment will take place in a hospital which is suitable for the procedure
Are there costs for you?
With the OOM Living Abroad Insurance you can opt for no excess or an excess of €250, €500 or €1,000. If you have opted for an excess and you incur costs which are covered by the insurance, you then pay the first part of these costs yourself.
You are 38 years old and tests have shown that you are unable to have children. You opt for artificial insemination. You have been insured with our Comfort cover for more than a year. The costs are €1,775. If you have an excess of €500, you will receive a reimbursement of €1,275 if you have received prior permission from our medical advisor.
How to claim costs
You can claim your medical expenses quickly and easily via My OOM.
Please note that the terms and conditions of your insurance take precedence over the information provided here.
We are closed