Reporting healthcare costs
Hospitalisation or other medical treatment
- In case of hospitalization or specialist medical treatment, immediately call:
- OOM Assistance USA (+1 855 701 2029) if the insured person is in the US
- the emergency centre (+31 (0)70 353 21 35) if the insured person is in the Netherlands or any other country.
- In case of other forms of medical treatment you can choose a hospital or doctor yourself.
- Always show your insurance card to the health care provider. In most cases, we can cover your healthcare costs directly.
- Did you yourself pay the healthcare provider? Then you may declare the costs online via My OOM or by using the Healthcare costs claims form (pdf).
- Immediately inform OOM Assistance USA/the emergency centre if you have you paid a deposit (cash or credit card) to the healthcare provider.
If you incur costs in the US, you will receive standard reimbursement of 50% unless you have extended the cover to 100% in the US. You can (temporarily) extend your cover to 100% in the US via My OOM.
Pregnancy and child birth
In case of complications during your pregnancy or giving birth the following applies:
- Immediately call the emergency centre (31 (0)70 353 21 35). Are you in the US? Then call OOM Assistance USA (+1 855 701 2029).
- The emergency centre/OOM Assistance USA manages the medical trajectory. If the costs are covered, they will organise the payment.
- If you need maternity care you must first pay the costs yourself. You may then declare the costs online via My OOM or by using the Healthcare costs claims form (pdf).
It depends on your type of coverage (Regular, Comfort or DeLuxe) what costs related to your pregnancy are covered. For more information, please check the terms and conditions.
Please take note of the following
- Have your policy number to hand if you call the emergency centre; your policy number can be found on your insurance card.
- If the costs are covered, we will reimburse the amount remaining after deducting your excess
- If the costs are the result of an accident involving another party, you also need to fill in the Accident report form (pdf).
Has something not gone as you would have liked? Do you have a complaint? Please take a look at our complaints procedures.